Making an Impact - Birmingham - 30/07/2020
Making an Impact: Communication Skills Workshop
We communicate all the time but we rarely think about it. Ineffective communication is a serious personal and organisational problem. By understanding how we work, how we communicate and how we come across to other people, we are able to adapt our style to ensure we have a positive impact in all situations. By the end of the course, you will be able to communicate more skillfully with a greater awareness of how to achieve an appropriate impact.
What will you learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand good and bad communication
- Be aware of the barriers to effective communication
- Appreciate how you communicate and how this comes across to others
- Identify how to improve your assertiveness and self-confidence
- Communicate more effectively on a regular basis
- Use questioning and listening skills effectively
- Be more assertive
- Understand influencing skills
During this 3 hour high-impact session, attendees will improve their ability to communicate with others in face-to-face situations and be more assertive. We will utilise the powerful psychometric tool, Insights Discovery, helping you to understand and improve communication and interpersonal dynamics.
- The barriers to effective communication
- The components of excellent communication
- Understanding how you work, your communication styles using Insights Discovery – a preference based psychometric tool
- Effective communication skills and how to adapt to connect with others
- Understanding assertiveness and self-confidence
- Verbal and non verbal communication skills
- Influencing others
- Body language, tone and verbal skills
- Active listening skills
Want to attend this course?
Please fill out the contact form on this page to register your interest in attending this event.
Due to high demand and limited spaces, we will review your enquiry and get back to you within 48 hours to confirm whether a place is available and your attendance.