Conflict in the workplace is a key barrier to meeting personal and business goals. Failure to do so impacts upon team effectiveness, and can lead to poor motivation and stress. Conflict can arise with fellow team members, your manager, or if you hold a managerial role, those who work for you. Resolving conflict requires the use of a range of skills, e.g. goal setting, giving and receiving feedback, and persuasion skills. To manage conflict, we must know ourselves; we need to understand the situation that has generated the conflict and the options available to all parties involved.
The aim of the course is to develop your self awareness, communication and interpersonal skills, to help reduce conflict, and provide strategies to help resolve conflict when it arises
- To understand the root causes of workplace conflict
- To apply a personality profile model to assess people objectively
- To understand your personal work style, and that of your manager
- To be aware of the impact of verbal and non-verbal communications upon addressing conflict
- To practice effective communication skills using the Transmitter/ Receiver roles
- To reflect upon a range of strategies to manage conflict
- To understand a range of conflict handling styles and how they may be effectively applied.
Anyone needing to manage conflict situations in the workplace.