A frightening amount of money and human effort is wasted each day in poorly managed meetings. The dilemma is that often (but not always) a meeting is the most appropriate means to progress a business issue. This course seeks to cut away the ritual, the ego and the ill managed surplus that can surround meetings. It will enable delegates to be more rigorous in their use of meetings as a management tool and having selected this route, to apply proven disciplines and techniques.
By the end of the course participants will be able to manage meetings effectively.
- Is there a need for a meeting?
- Preparing for the meeting
- Leadership in meetings
- Problem solving in meetings
- Defining and communicating the agenda
- Who should attend and to what degree
- Managing guest speakers
- Managing the time and the business
- Role of the chair
- Role of the participants
- Recording the outcome
- Evaluating current approaches
- Personal action plans
Anybody whose job involves the chairing, running or organising of meetings.