The course discusses in detail the alternative inspection philosophy available under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations. On completion, delegates will be more confident to discuss with insurers and more specifically with their client base, the ramifications of the inspection programme and areas of potential uninsured risk within the portfolio.
Those who have attended the introduction to engineering course or who work in this field of insurance and wish to update and enhance their knowledge.
Delegates who successfully complete this workshop will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- understand the steps required to extend the frequency of inspection
- understand the need to dovetail Property and Engineering Insurance policies
- understand Business Interruption Insurance exposures relative to the peril of explosion and the working of the policy
- describe the protection and exclusions applicable to the main contingency covers of Erection All Risks, Computers and Hired in Plant
The course covers specifically:
- the ability to increase the frequency of inspections
- a review of the exclusions within the basic property programme
- explanations of the cover provided — Business Interruption, Erection All Risks, Hired in Plant and Computer Insurance policies
- a case study/discussion to evaluate all aspects of above