The aim of the workshop is to develop delegates’ knowledge of Motor Fleet Insurance, including legal requirements, risk assessment and pricing. The course also introduces delegates to fleet risk management.
Those who have attended Introduction to Motor Fleet or who work on fleets and wish to update and enhance their knowledge.
Develop from the introductory course to discuss the following:
- characteristics of fleet risks
- legal requirements of motor insurance – including the Road Traffic Acts, plus the third and fourth EC Motor Insurance Directives
- fleet policy cover – key differences to standard motor policies
- risk assessment and pricing: how an underwriter assesses risks, including ‘burning costs’ pricing and ‘book less bonus’
- renewal reviews and outstanding claims reserves
- an introduction to fleet risk management
- key aspects of fleet claims handling
This course includes plenty of opportunity for discussion, exercises and case studies.