The aim of the workshop is to develop delegates’ knowledge of Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance. It explores a little more deeply the aspects, which need to be understood by those involved in providing Personal Accident technical or administrative services
This workshop provides a follow-up and refresher course to the Introductory Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance course.
A review and discussion of Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance:
- background and type of policy — e.g. single, group, PA & Sickness etc.
- accident cover and sickness cover
A review and discussion of policy cover including the scope of typical cover and principles of non-indemnity insurance, including:
- features and benefits and policy extensions including levels of cover
- policy definitions
A discussion that covers practical claims investigation, including;
- claim forms and claims documentation and policy cover including exclusions
- liaison with GP's and specialists and the importance of the Access Medical Reports Act 1998
- fraud indicators and the use of external investigators
- calculating benefits and settlements
This section includes relevant case law and case studies.