The aim of this one-day workshop is to provide delegates who have worked in reinsurance for a period of time and have gained some experience with the opportunity to build upon and develop their base knowledge. This course centres upon the considerations associated with the reinsurance of property and casualty insurance accounts. The course is largely scenario based in order to investigate the effects of clauses and wordings.
This workshop is ideal for those who have acquired some knowledge with regard to the theory and types of reinsurance and wish to develop this further by examination of treaty wordings and familiarisation with the working of clauses within.
- Proportional and Non-proportional treaty wordings
- the meaning and operation of premium and accounting issues
- the application of loss clauses
- reinsurance underwriting considerations for both property and casualty accounts
- rating of both proportional and non-proportional contracts
- the composition of the premium for both facultative and treaty reinsurance
- the effect of MPL and EML upon reinsurers’ retention