This course will be of interest to those underwriters, brokers and other professionals in cargo insurance who are either writing stockthroughput insurance or contemplating it as part of their portfolio of business.
Underwriters, account handlers, claims staff, insurance brokers, and other professionals in the field of marine cargo insurance.
- the purpose of stock throughput insurance
- the types of stock throughput insurance
- the risks to which insurers are exposed
- the physical aspects of buildings in which goods are placed
At the end of the course you will:
- have gained an essential understanding of traditional stock throughput and global stock throughput insurance
- be able to recognise the physical aspect of this class of insurance
- have an appreciation for the importance of good housekeeping, maintenance of buildings, and the theft prevention risks necessary in buildings where goods are kept
- have knowledge of the way in which this class of insurance should be underwritten and the risk considerations.