This course is aimed at delegates familiar with the basic structure of company financial statements or as a progression from the 1-day courses: Interpreting Company Accounts and Assessing Company Performance and Introduction to Financial Accounting.
People who are responsible for D&O client and underwriter liaison including those responsible for placing D&O liability Insurance for new businesses. The course is equally pertinent to people who wish to learn more about balance sheet analysis.
- exploring Company performance and potential through an analysis of the profit and loss account
- assessing the financial strength – liquidity and solvency through balance sheet analysis
- assessing the company cash management through the cash flow statement
- gauging the risks to future performance though projection of financial statements
- assessing the management and Governance capability of the Company
- a spreadsheet model will be used to identify the key areas of examination to assess probable future outcomes
- key areas of examination will be identified in respect of the key financial statements – the profit and loss account, the balance sheet and the cash flow statement
- the rationale of assessing prospects for mergers and takeovers will be discussed
- a further look at new business start-ups. The right and wrong ways of starting a business and how to interpret financial data from companies who do not have a track record
- new public offerings of securities– how they work and applicable time scales