This course will be suitable for those already working in the field of Commercial Property but who wish to extend their work/knowledge into Business Interruption.
Delegates who attend this course will be better able to:
Understand the concepts of Business Interruption insurance, the covers available and the principles of BI related claims handling.
This course has been designed for delegates with previous involvement in Commercial Property insurance but no real experience of Business Interruption.
The planning stage
- a review of covers available including gross profit, increased cost of working and book debts
- a study of policy cover including extent of cover, conditions and exclusions applying and extensions available
- an outline of declaration linked covers and a review of indemnity periods
- a useful introduction to risk assessment and rating commonly used
- an invaluable overview of risk management and contingency planning
- the principles of claims handling and the role of the loss adjuster in Business Interruption claims.