This workshop is designed to provide delegates with an overview of the different types of commercial motor policy. It will show how cover varies and how different types of rating are applied. Some prior knowledge of private motor insurance will be an advantage but no knowledge of commercial motor is needed.
This course has been designed for those who wish to become more widely involved with various types of commercial motor insurance. No prior knowledge is needed but some previous experience of motor insurance would be useful.
Delegates who successfully complete this workshop will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- understand the various types of commercial motor insurance cover available
- be aware of the typical hazards and issues affecting motor fleets and the motor trade
- be aware of the rating of commercial motor policies and the alternative rating for fleets
- understand how motor trade insurance is rated and the different covers provided
- know how policy cover varies across the different types of commercial motor policy
- know the effect of the MID on the motor trade
- be aware of the ways claims are handled for these types of insurance
Delegates will learn to:
- differentiate between the various types of commercial motor policy and how they differ from private motor policies
- understand how commercial policies are rated and assessed by insurers
- be aware of the main differences in cover between commercial motor, motor fleet and motor trade insurance
- see how the MID affects the motor trade
- be aware of claims handling issues for these types of cover