The course is designed to put Commercial Property insurance in context and to introduce delegates to the operation and principles of Commercial Property insurance.
This course has been designed for delegates with little or no previous involvement in Commercial Property insurance. A good grounding in insurance practices is desirable.
- exploring the reasons why customers buy Commercial Property insurance
- a useful study of a typical policy structure as an overview
- an outlining of policy cover and the main exclusions and restrictions
- the principles of underwriting and pricing and the differences between the two
- the factors involved in the assessment of commercial risks
- the principles of claims handling as applied to Commercial Property insurance
- typical methods of investigation used in Commercial Property claims handling
At the end of the course you will have:
- obtained a basic knowledge of Commercial Insurance
- gained a basic understanding of Commercial Insurance and covers available
- a basic understanding of the principles of underwriting Commercial Insurance and the factors involved in the assessment of commercial risks
- gained a basic understanding of the principles of claims handling in regard to Commercial Property Insurance