Delegates who attend this course will learn to identify the categories of professionals that may have a Professional Indemnity exposure. Delegates will learn to understand how professional liability arises, the types of claims and the coverage afforded.
This one day interactive workshop is suitable for delegates who are new to professional indemnity insurance.
- duty of care owed by professionals — legal liability and breach of contract
- examples of professional negligence claims
- professional indemnity or errors and omissions?
- differing professional exposures, including:
- IT and telecommunications companies
- professional indemnity and errors and omissions policy — key elements of cover:
- operative clause
- "Claims made" considerations
- principal exclusions
- principal extensions
- proposal and underwriting process — how an underwriter uses the details provided to rate the risk
- claims process, including incident reporting and what is a claims circumstance