This is an introduction to the basics of reinsurance.
This course has been designed for anyone with an interest in knowing more about reinsurance and for people with less than three years’ experience of reinsurance.
- the reason for reinsurance
- who buys reinsurance?
- reinsurance terminology
- proportional – non-proportional
- facultative – treaty
- the purpose and operation of facultative reinsurance
- the operation of Reinsurance Pools
- distinguish between facultative and treaty reinsurance
- the operation of Quota Share and Surplus Lines treaties
- proportional and non-proportional treaties
- the function of Excess of Loss and Stop Loss Treaties
- the effect of inflation on treaties and the operation of the Stability Index Clause