With many teams now based across wide geographical areas and given the rise of flexible and home-based working, managing a remote or virtual team is a challenge that managers are increasingly likely to face and it calls for an adjustment of traditional management practices.
Effective communication is crucial to managing a remote team. Delegates will learn new skills to ensure they get the most out of individuals that work remotely and also maintain and maximise the teams performance.
- Reviewing your role and responsibilities
- Identifying your personal leadership style
- Setting personal and team goals and objectives
- Communicating with remote teams
- Ensuring accessibility
- Trusting individuals
- Measuring outputs not processes
- Recognising strengths and developing individual’s potential
- Motivating the Team
- Improving team performance
- Personal Action Plans