This course will provide valuable background knowledge into marine insurance.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about marine insurance generally, without delving too deeply into a single class of business. Some prior knowledge of insurance would be useful.
- what is marine and when do the edges get blurred with non-marine?
- what are the risks actually being insured in the marine market? - Hull and Yacht - Cargo - Marine Liabilities - War and Strikes
- who are the buyers and who and where are the sellers?
- what is the legal background to Marine Insurance Risks? - Marine Insurance Act - introduction to basic shipping and carriage of goods law
- introduction to the clauses used and how they vary between markets
- experts – pre and post loss
- claims handling and loss prevention