To be successful you need the ability to reach decisions and solve problems competently and successfully. There is rarely one answer to any issue. However, by learning effective problem solving techniques and applying them, robust decisions are made.
Delegates will learn a number of both logical and creative techniques for overcoming problems. They will have the opportunity to develop and practise their use of these techniques through a variety of business simulations. An understanding of their natural problem solving style and techniques to adopt a flexible approach to decision making will be developed.
At the end of the course, delegates will be enabled to generate approaches and solutions to different problems through creative and logical decision making methods.
- Understanding the difference between a problem and a decision
- Principles of problem solving
- The characteristics of an effective problem solver
- Techniques for defining the problem
- Identifying the problem
- Generating the solutions
- Implementing your solution
- Analysing your toughest decisions
- Understanding your decision making style
- Using consequence mapping
- Understanding and managing risk
1 or 2 Day courses available