This course provides a comprehensive insight into the process of underwriting large capital projects being transported by road, rail, sea or air (known as Project Cargo Insurance). This includes the Delayed Start-Up aspect of this class of business and the legal liabilities attached to the owners of goods and the carriers who transport them.
- those working as underwriters and claims practitioners in insurance and reinsurance companies
- Insurance and Reinsurance brokers with Marine Insurance experience
- other insurance professionals, such as surveyors, loss adjusters, solicitors
- know the business environment of project cargo risks
- understand the risk and legal environment of project cargo risks transported by road, rail, sea or air
- understand the scope of cover and market practices of Project Cargo Insurance
- understand the underwriting of project cargo risks
- understand claims considerations and procedures.
- describe the business environment of project cargo risks
- understand the legal environment surrounding the movement of goods by road, rail, sea and air
- outline the scope of cover and market practices for this class of insurance
- apply relevant factors in the underwriting of Project Cargo Insurance
- understand claims practices.