Communicating should be a two-way process. We communicate to ensure things get done, send and receive information, make decisions, obtain joint understanding and build relationships.
Effective assertive communication happens when both parties are fully aware and understand what is being said or presented. How we communicate, though, can be very individual and some are better communicators than others.
This session is designed to help you enhance your communication and assertiveness with others, making your more efficient and effective when collaborating, ensuring you are appreciating others perspective and expressing yourself clearly.
What we will cover
- Fundamental pillars of effective communication for collaboration and team work
- Understanding Assertiveness – what assertiveness is and isn’t
- Skills of Assertiveness and reasons to use assertive techniques
- Putting yourself across effectively
- Making a positive impact and lasting impression
- Positive and effective communication skills in being assertive and influencing others – how to make a great and more confidence and positive impact on others through verbal and non-verbal means
- The main assertive/influencing Personal Impact Styles