This 1-day module takes a practical and pragmatic approach to using a structured project methodology to develop processes, skills and tools to successfully manage projects.
How we manage ourselves and others to get things done is something we all strive to improve. Project Management is a skill we all benefit from learning and developing. We juggle more and more priorities in our work and personal lives and need to deliver to different timescales.
Looking and practical tools that can be implemented to support the management of resources and projects.
What we will cover
- Personal competencies required by Project Leaders/Managers.
- Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
- Why projects fail and how to avoid failure
- The value of the project life cycle
- Managing expectations of those with a primary interest in the project
- Manage schedules, resources, and costs
- Essential planning tools and techniques
- Identify the necessary resources for the project
- Working closely with your project sponsor
- Making time and cost estimates realistic
- Building the team – the roles and responsibilities of the sponsor, steering group, manager, team members and ‘project support’
- Managing stakeholders – identifying the project’s stakeholders and their needs and promoting their commitment
- Project documentation and provision of data to stakeholders