This 1-day module is for those looking to build and effective team and to also create a culture off effective team working, participation and strong team relationships.
As a result of participating in this workshop, delegates will develop the skills needed to recognise both their personal strengths and weaknesses and those of their wider team; to encourage their team members to acknowledge and value the attributes of colleagues and the motivation to encourage their teams to play a role in determining their future direction.
What we will cover
- What makes a successful team dynamics?
- Understanding teamwork – understanding the difference between ‘groups’ and ‘teams’
- The characteristics of effective teams
- Promoting goal clarity and commitment
- Making the most of the team’s resources
- The building blocks for effective teamwork
- The stages of team development.
- The leader’s role in building and developing the team
- Establishing team processes, structures and ground rules
- The role of conflict in team working
- Team roles – the impact of individual styles, their strengths and potential
- The mature team – balancing the needs for ‘support’ and ‘challenge’
- Inter-team competition, communication and co-operation