This one day interactive workshop follows on from the Introduction to Business Interruption workshop and takes the subject to a more advanced level. It explores in more detail some of the complexities of the subject and provides delegates with the wider knowledge required to more effectively handle this type of business.
This one day interactive workshop is suitable for delegates who have had a hands-on experience with this class of business for a minimum of two years.
What we will cover
- Typical customer attitudes shown to Business Interruption insurance and the roles the broker and underwriter play in overcoming problems arising from these
- A comprehensive review of gross profit cover with additional discussion on the other main covers such as revenue, fees
- Increased cost of working and additional increased cost of working
- Discussion and exercises to show how to set an estimate or sum insured from a set of accounts and how to project this forward using both declaration linked and traditional methods
- A study of the features that have a bearing on the setting of the maximum indemnity period and how these can affect the underwriter’s assessment of EML
- The principles of claims handling and the role of the loss adjuster in Business Interruption claims
- A look at how risk assessment and rating can be influenced by the information you obtain from the customer
- Business Interruption extensions commonly requested.