This module focuses on understanding and using Emotional Intelligence (EI) as an important aspect of the managers role in the workplace.
It will also focus on developing assertiveness and influencing skills for success in the workplace and other situations.
It will help participants be more assertive and influence others more proactively and confidently in the workplace and in other situations.
What we will cover
- EI as a key part management and leadership
- The importance of EI for individuals and the five key characteristics of EI
- Enhancing our EI skills
- Understanding Assertiveness – what assertiveness is and isn’t
- Skills of Assertiveness and reasons to use assertive techniques
- Positive thinking and sel-awareness
- Positive and effective communication skills in being assertive and influencing others – how to make a great and more confidence and positive impact on others through verbal and non-verbal means
- How to acquire and maintain influence – the difference between manipulating and influencing others
- Selecting the right approach for the right situation