Many people are required to write reports or proposals as a regular part of their job. Reports to the board, monthly reports, research reports, and proposals to customers. A standard management tool without which it would be impossible to function efficiently.
Despite this, most people are never formally taught how to write them.
Once you learn the skills of professional business writing covered in this course, you are far more likely to get the results you want; your audience reading your written communication and understanding what you want them to do next.
What we will cover
- Preparation – starting with the end in mind
- Be specific – getting your point across simply
- Be clear – know what you want to say
- Structure – using clear and logical structures
- Editing – for accuracy and clarity
- Attention seeking – making your report look inviting to read
- Actionable – helping your audience understand what you want them to do or know