With many teams now based across wide geographical areas and given the rise of flexible and home-based working, managing a remote or virtual team is a challenge that managers are increasingly likely to face and it calls for an adjustment of traditional management practices.
Effective communication is crucial to managing a remote team. Delegates will learn new skills to ensure they get the most out of individuals that work remotely and also maintain and maximise the teams performance.
This course is for Managers and senior supervisors who have gained experience of managing people but who have received little or no formal training on managing remote teams. The course is designed for individuals who are looking to enhance their people management skills as a way of increasing their overall performance and that of their team.
What we will cover
- Reviewing your role and responsibilities
- Identifying your personal leadership style
- Setting personal and team goals and objectives
- Communicating with remote teams
- Ensuring accessibility
- Trusting individuals
- Measuring outputs not processes
- Recognising strengths and developing individual’s potential
- Motivating the Team
- Improving team performance
- Personal Action Plans